The Transcription Specialist role is a part-time position for individuals who have a strong interest in pursuing product quality improvement in the AI/ML industry and learning about data labeling. You would work with online platforms to ensure the integrity and quality of their content. A critical-thinking mind is essential to comprehend nuances in each project. We are looking for a candidate that is extremely detail-oriented and great at multi-tasking. You would be working with different functions within the company such as Customer Operations, Sales, Product Management, Supply Operations, and Engineering to drive transcription quality improvement. For this role, it is critical that you are fluent in English and eligible to work in the United States.
- Read and understand complex documents
- Search through documents and transcribe specific fields
- Answer questions about documents provided
- Collaborate with teammates to determine correct answers
- Follow up with internal teams and the customer with regards to questions about quality
- Identify and resolve the root causes of low quality and provide feedback to respective teams on product improvements
- Master the use of relevant software, including proprietary Scale AI tools
Ideally you'd have:
- Prior experience in data labeling, content annotation, or documents transcription work
- Investigative and creative element (i.e. you like to research and figure out ambiguous problems)
- High ethical bar and good judgment
- Proactiveness - provide useful feedback and suggest improvements, processes, and best practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to interpret US/Western cultural context
- Can work a flexible work schedule of 20 to 30 hours per week between the hours of 9am-6pm PT
- Ability to collaborate - superior communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves:
- Ability to over-communicate when writing and speaking (e.g. in bug reports, it’s better to have more information than less)
- College degree, or currently enrolled in a college degree program
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.