Inference Frontend Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Research & Engineering
We are building the platform for intelligent computing. Our platform interfaces with both machines (software) and people (developers) to enable a new generation of goal-driven, context-adaptive, self-improving software applications.
As an Inference Frontend Engineer, you will help define and continuously push the frontiers of this exciting new paradigm shift. You will help design and implement a wide range of systems, services, apps, and tools needed to enable and facilitate intelligent software application development, including our APIs, client libraries, console and other developer tools.
- BS in CS or related field.Experience building frontend services for web or mobile applications.
- Strong (Node)JS knowledge with solid grasp of performance characteristics.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Zero ego.
Plusses (not exhaustive):
- Experience with native mobile development (iOS or Android).
- Experience with analytics, machine learning, or similar data-centric products.
- Open source contributions or other visible past work.
- Spend 100% of your time working on a problem with virtually unlimited potential impact.
- Generous salary, equity, and benefits well above industry norms, including unlimited PTO.
- Flexible hours and family-friendly culture that values sustained productivity and happiness.
- Amazing office in historic downtown Palo Alto.
- Be reliable. Respect and manage expectations.
- Prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. If you must disappoint (e.g. miss an ETA or deadline), never do it silently.
- Show that you care. Show strong bias for action. Get it working first, then iterate relentlessly for quality. If time is running short, cut scope, not quality. Work smarter, not just harder.
- Seek truth and clarity on the why, the what, and the how, always in that order.
- Always be nice. Show empathy and patience, not ego or arrogance. Listen with care and respect.
- Assume the best intentions. We are all flawed, and we are all in this together.
- Remember to have fun. Never give in to stress. Always seek happiness and fulfillment.