Inference Systems Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Research & Engineering
We are building the platform for intelligent computing. Our platform interfaces with both machines (software) and people (developers) to enable a new generation of goal-driven, context-adaptive, self-improving software applications.
As an Inference Systems Engineer, you will help design and implement the wide array of distributed systems and services that power these interfaces. You will help design novel data structures, algorithms, and help architect and build various subsystems, including those for streaming data processing, storage, and analytics.
- BS in CS, EE, or related field.
- Exceptional coding and software engineering skills.
- Solid fundamentals in probability, statistics & linear algebra.
- Proficiency with at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Go, etc) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc).
- Excellent written & verbal communication and collaboration skills.
Plusses (not exhaustive):
- Experience with (No)SQL, streaming frameworks, time-series DBs, ELK stack.
- Experience developing optimization or machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with high-performance computing.
- Spend 100% of your time working on a problem with virtually unlimited potential impact.
- Generous salary, equity, and benefits well above industry norms, including unlimited PTO.
- Flexible hours and family-friendly culture that values sustained productivity and happiness.
- Amazing office in historic downtown Palo Alto.
- Be reliable. Respect and manage expectations.
- Prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. If you must disappoint (e.g. miss an ETA or deadline), never do it silently.
- Show that you care. Show strong bias for action. Get it working first, then iterate relentlessly for quality. If time is running short, cut scope, not quality. Work smarter, not just harder.
- Seek truth and clarity on the why, the what, and the how, always in that order.
- Always be nice. Show empathy and patience, not ego or arrogance. Listen with care and respect.
- Assume the best intentions. We are all flawed, and we are all in this together.
- Remember to have fun. Never give in to stress. Always seek happiness and fulfillment.