Inference Operations Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Research & Engineering
We are building the platform for intelligent computing. Our platform interfaces with both machines (software) and people (developers) to enable a new generation of goal-driven, context-adaptive, self-improving software applications.
As an Inference Operations Engineer, you will work closely with all other engineering teams to design and execute the tools and procedures necessary to coordinate and streamline operations in all of these environments, including release processes, performance and availability measurement and monitoring systems, and incident alerting, response and rotation procedures.
- BS in CS/EE or a related field
- Proficiency with at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Go, etc) and one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc).
- Extensive experience in operations in a distributed environment or cloud platform
- Excellent written & verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Zero ego.
Plusses (not exhaustive):
- Experience with networking and security (e.g. authentication) protocols, algorithms, software or tools.
- Previous technical ops leadership experience.
- Spend 100% of your time working on a problem with virtually unlimited potential impact.
- Generous salary, equity, and benefits well above industry norms, including unlimited PTO.
- Flexible hours and family-friendly culture that values sustained productivity and happiness.
- Amazing office in historic downtown Palo Alto.
- Be reliable. Respect and manage expectations.
- Prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. If you must disappoint (e.g. miss an ETA or deadline), never do it silently.
- Show that you care. Show strong bias for action. Get it working first, then iterate relentlessly for quality. If time is running short, cut scope, not quality. Work smarter, not just harder.
- Seek truth and clarity on the why, the what, and the how, always in that order.
- Always be nice. Show empathy and patience, not ego or arrogance. Listen with care and respect.
- Assume the best intentions. We are all flawed, and we are all in this together.
- Remember to have fun. Never give in to stress. Always seek happiness and fulfillment.