Director of Marketing
Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for managing an integrated set of worldwide marketing initiatives across digital, offline, social media, ecommerce and other channels. Further, the Director of Marketing will drive highly effective and efficient customer acquisition, brand building and awareness.
- Minimum of 4 years of marketing experience in a SaaS subscription field. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business, or related field
- Self driven and able to cross functionally collaborate with team members
- Experience with developing and leveraging fresh content, managing nurture campaigns, SEO optimization and keeping up with leads and customers
- Strong experience with Marketo, and other marketing automation to nurture/track leads, developing content such as case studies, white papers, blogs, and utilizing platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, other social media and the company website to build a following
- Strong experience leading the creation and execution of successful marketing programs to application and website developers, marketing executives, and other customer prospects involved in optimization and experimentation
- Experience with developing and executing on events strategy, relationships with press and analysts, managing articles, preparation process with external journalists/authors
- Experience organizing, marketing, and executing webinars
- Well-versed in measurement techniques and ability to define measurement requirements and frameworks and work with analytics teams to improve reporting and visibility. Expert understanding of web metrics, media testing methodologies, and optimization strategies
- Strong data analysis skills and a passion to drive program performance. Fluency with performance metrics and ROI analysis; test-and-learn mindset.
Plusses (not exhaustive):
- Experience in marketing to developers and/or with analytics products is desirable
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, etc.) a plus
- Spend 100% of your time working on a problem with virtually unlimited potential impact.
- Generous salary, equity, and benefits well above industry norms, including unlimited PTO.
- Flexible hours and family-friendly culture that values sustained productivity and happiness.
- Amazing office in historic downtown Palo Alto.
- Be reliable. Respect and manage expectations.
- Prefer to underpromise and overdeliver. If you must disappoint (e.g. miss an ETA or deadline), never do it silently.
- Show that you care. Show strong bias for action. Get it working first, then iterate relentlessly for quality. If time is running short, cut scope, not quality. Work smarter, not just harder.
- Seek truth and clarity on the why, the what, and the how, always in that order.
- Always be nice. Show empathy and patience, not ego or arrogance. Listen with care and respect.
- Assume the best intentions. We are all flawed, and we are all in this together.
- Remember to have fun. Never give in to stress. Always seek happiness and fulfillment.