Palo Alto, CA
At Scaled Inference our mission is to enable enterprises to reach their ultimate potential in the marketplace through the power of AI. Our flagship product Amp.ai is the first autonomous optimization platform that can drive sustained exponential business growth at any scale, offering unprecedented versatility and ease of deployment. We’re looking for versatile, talented individuals who align with our culture and vision to join us in bringing this innovative technology to market.
As an Inference Scientist, you will work to establish and continuously expand the formal foundations and core capabilities of our platform. This role works across the entire engineering organization and will influence the direction of our product due to your understanding of what’s possible with our core algorithms. You will define / formulate problems, design new algorithms and experiments, and prototype them to guide both our product and engineering efforts.
- Define and formulate key problems based on inputs from business, product and engineering
- Create, design, and iterate on core algorithms
- Identify, experiment on, and solve shortcomings with our existing algorithm
- Investigate open ended algorithmic problems with experiments, visualization, evaluation metrics, etc.
- Effectively communicate with the entire engineering organization and make the algorithmic work applicable for the entire team
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Experience with either fundamental or algorithm research and holistic algorithm design
- Strong background in statistics and machine learning
- Experience implementing optimization, inference, or machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with a scripting language (e.g., Python, R, Matlab, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills