Marketing and Events Manager
Foster City, CA /
Are you looking for a marketing and events role where you can work directly with company founders and entrepreneurs who are changing how the world works? Are you passionate about using technology to target the right audience and crafting memorable experiences them? If so, we’d like to talk with you.
Scale's Marketing team is looking to add a Marketing and Events Manager to help us define our CRM strategy and create a broad array of in person, virtual and hybrid events. The ideal candidate will be:
- Strategic: Don't be just another party planner. Use a variety of event formats to target specific audiences throughout the marketing and sales processes.
- Data Oriented: Strive to use data to identify the appropriate audiences for our events. Analyze post event data to further refine future event strategy.
- Creative: Be creative and push the boundaries to create engaging experiences for founders and early stage investors. How can you make them remember their experiences with us?
Your operating experience can be either at a larger public company, a startup, or an event agency.
Simply put, we have found that success in the role requires a strong grounding in data and strategy, but also a flair for the creative. We don't expect you to be equally strong in all dimensions, but we believe a successful marketing and events manager has to have these elements.
About Scale Venture Partners
Scale is an early-stage venture capital firm focused on intelligent business software with a Scaling Platform that has helped companies like Box, Bill.com, HubSpot, DocuSign, JFrog, and WalkMe move from founder-led growth to a repeatable go-to-market machine. We believe these companies are changing the future of work, and we are excited to be a part of that change.
Your Success Is Our Success
We take your career development seriously. Scale has a "promote from within" culture and believes that you play a critical role in the success of our marketing strategy.
We really like what we do. Some of us have worked together for over twenty years. We like the job, we like the team we work with, and the culture we have built. We want to hire great people with the same dedication to a strong, positive, and grounded culture.
What The Job Is Like
We believe that we're witnessing a rebound of IRL events. At the same time, virtual and hybrid events are here to stay. The bar for quality of these events is now extraordinarily high. The day to day will be leading the planning and execution of a portfolio of events across formats (in person, virtual, hybrid) with sizes ranging from small, intimate affairs to large scale activations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contact Management: Create a process to ensure that we can understand the relationship between startups, entrepreneurs, early stage investors and the people that drive financing decisions.
- Event Strategy: Align the event strategy with the investing process. This includes mapping event types with different stages of our funnel and brainstorming with the team on event plans and concepts.
- Event Execution: Identify and collaborate with vendors and venues. Design attendee experience from initial invite through post event followup.
- Post Event Reporting: Handle invoicing and budget reconciliation. Create post event report and analyze for future improvement.
Scale Venture Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.