Portfolio Operations Associate
Foster City, CA /
Portfolio Operations /
Scale is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital investment firm with $1.3B under management. We were early investors in SaaS pioneers like Bill.com, DocuSign, HubSpot, JFrog, Root Insurance, WalkMe, and CircleCI. Today we’re focused on the next generation of enterprise software companies building Cognitive Applications like Locus Robotics, Viz.ai, and Proscia. We believe these companies are changing the future of work and we are excited to be a part of that change.
We're looking for a Portfolio Operations Associate to build out the Portfolio Operations team. The role gives candidates exposure to entrepreneurs who are building and scaling the hottest enterprise startups, giving a behind the scenes look at how these startups are being built to become "the next big thing."
This individual will manage and own the future of “Scale Studio,” a private company performance database which we provide to our portfolio companies. You will be responsible for generating insights that support our portfolio executives, our investment team and our marketing organization. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, data oriented and enjoys communicating stories using data.
What's in it for you? The experience that you gain during your tenure at Scale will prepare you to take a leadership role at an enterprise startup and be able to provide value from Day 1 based on real world experience. Furthermore, you'll gain inside access to the executive team at many of our portfolio companies and investors at Scale.
We see this role likely progressing toward: 1) building a larger portfolio operations team at Scale Venture Partners or 2) moving to a portfolio company in a leadership position.
- Product Management: Work with the Operating Partner and software development team to define future product capabilities within Scale Studio.
- Portfolio Operations: Provide analytical business operations support to portfolio executives on ad-hoc research needs and strategic growth initiatives.
- Data Analytics: Provide advice to the broader startup community by generating data driven insights using Scale Studio
- Investing Support: Work with our investment team to unlock signals to programmatically highlight new investment opportunities in our target markets.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyze, significant amounts of information and data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid understanding of and experience with data analytics and visualization packages (e.g., Excel, Looker) and data infrastructure (e.g., SQL, ETL)
- Ability to create and present clear, compelling stories from complex data
- 2+ years of management consulting experience at a top tier strategy firm preferred (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Oliver Wyman, LEK, Simon-Kucher)
Scale Venture Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.