Platform Product Manager - CDD/Freelance for 5 months (Flex/Remote)
Product Management – Core Products /
Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
The products we build aim to facilitate our clients' lives by providing them with intuitive and simple cloud services so that they can focus on their own high-value activities: building software and services!
The Core Products team is composed of Product Managers who partner with Engineering Managers, DevOps, Product Marketing Managers, Technical Writers, and Product Designers to design, build, deploy, and maintain the products within Scaleway’s Core ecosystem. Core products include Billing, Payment, Account and Organization Management, IAM, general console experience, and Platform products. They are used by all of our clients and all the Product teams at Scaleway.
The Platform team’s mission is to provide and maintain a resilient, powerful, and rock-solid platform for Scaleway’s Engineering teams. We provide pre-configured and ready-to-deploy resources across the different AZ infrastructures, so Engineering teams just need to deploy their stacks.
Your role will be to replace one of our Platform PMs who is on maternity leave and you will work closely with the second Platform PM. You will report to your Head of Product Management and be part of Scaleway’s Product Management department.
- Maintain the Platform roadmap.
- Follow up on the initiatives defined by the Platform PMs and work with other teams to define the roadmap and initiative prioritization.
- Define key metrics to assess the product's health, analyze feature performances, and generate insights.
- Understand our users and collect continuous feedback about their current uses and needs. Documenting this knowledge is very important.
- Work closely with Engineers to come up with the best solutions to address our users’ pain points.
- Follow up on iterations and make sure they deliver real value to end users, synch with other teams to address functional dependencies.
- Showcase the product internally through regular internal training sessions, roadmap presentations, demos, etc.
- 5 years experience minimum in product or project management
- Strong technical background as a former Engineer or DevOps
- Proven success in managing cross-functional projects and programs
- Proficiency in oral and written English and French languages
- Willingness to collaborate with others
- Organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Previous experience related to cloud computing systems and/or infrastructure development
This is a short-term contract to cover a maternity leave
The position is open for CDD and/or Freelancers
Duration: April - Beginning of September 2023
Based in our offices in Paris or in Lille, partial remote possible
Screening call (30 mins) with Diane PAUL - Talent Acquisition Manager
Manager Interview (45 mins) with Diane SEMPERE - Head of Core Products
Product interview (45 mins) with Elise AUVRAY and Emmanuelle DESIRLISTE, Platform Product Managers
HR Interview (45 mins)
Offer sent within 48h
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!
To learn more about us 🌐Scaleway website | Scaleway’s blog| Scaleway on Twitter