Devops Engineer - Kubernetes (Flex/Remote)
Products Engineering – Kubernetes & Registry - PaaS /
Full-time (long term)
Our mission 🚀
Founded in 1999, Scaleway, the cloud of choice, helps developers and businesses to build, deploy and scale applications to any infrastructure. Located in Paris, Amsterdam and Warsaw, Scaleway’s complete cloud ecosystem is used by 25,000+ businesses, including European startups, who choose Scaleway for its multi-AZ redundancy, smooth developer experience, carbon-neutral data centers and native tools for managing multi-cloud architectures. With fully managed offerings for bare metal, containerization and serverless architectures, Scaleway brings choice to the world of cloud computing, offering customers the ability to choose where their customer’s data resides, to choose what architecture works best for their business, and to choose a more responsible way to scale.
Our journey 💡
We want all our actions and decisions to bring us closer to achieving our vision: building and scaling technologies that make sense to us, to our customers and their end users. Scaleway is the challenger nobody’s expecting.As our business scales, the customers and developers we serve are increasingly diverse and global. Giving them an unbeatable experience is central to our business strategy and value proposition. To better understand them, we've discovered that the best way to deliver the highest value and performance is by incorporating a well-rounded team that leverages diverse perspectives, knowledge, skills, and cross-cultural understanding.
Our values 💜
Singularity: We do it our own way.
Community: One company, one culture
Adventure: Level up if you dare, never stop innovating.
Leadership: Be the leader you want to follow.
Excellence: We want to be customers' first choice as a cloud provider.
Rock Solid: You can always count on us!
About the job
You will be part of the Container team, managing two main critical projects at Scaleway - Kapsule (Managed Kubernetes) and Container Registry.
As a Devops, your job will be to maintain the infrastructure, including daily maintenance. You will also be in charge of designing, developing and enabling new features on these projects.
You will work in a team, meaning that the most important skill will be your ability to integrate into the team. You will also be in charge of interacting with the end customer in case of issues or to give advice on how to use the product.
One key thing about this job is that you have to be able to understand how Kubernetes works, being a good Kubernetes user/administrator is not enough, you will also be going behind the scenes of the product.
- Very good experience with Kubernetes and containers
- Good experience in Linux (Systems, Networking, Kernel, Ubuntu)
- Good experience in Golang, Bash
- Usage of GIT or other versioning tools
- Good command of English and French
- You have already worked on large scale projects using a cloud provider, you have already worked in a cloud environment
- CI-CD : gitlab-ci
- Ansible (writing and using roles and playbooks)
- Very good skills in documentation writing
- Strong networking, you understand how a Kubernetes CNI works
- You have contributed to Kubernetes open source repositories or related projects (ccm, csi, kops)
- You are a certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Some experience in Python
- Design, develop, and enable new features on Kapsule and Registry
- Day to day maintenance on both products
- Delivering features on time
- In charge of product documentation both internally and externally
- In charge of production issues
- Able to talk with other teams to express your development needs
This position can be based either :
- In our offices in Paris or Lille (France), partial / full remote is possible
- Full remote in Europe
49,000 - 67,000+ EUR per year
76,000 - 91,000+ EUR per year
- Phone Screening
- HR Interview
- Technical Interviews with the team
- Manager Interview
- Offer sent
On average our process lasts 2-3 weeks days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Important note: if you don't see yourself ticking all the boxes don't hesitate to apply anyway. Don't limit yourself to a job description, you never know!
To learn more about us 🌐Scaleway website | Scaleway’s blog| Scaleway on Twitter