Designated CSE (Customer Solution Engineer) - Rennes
Tech Services EMEA /
Full Time /
You are technical and customer focused, you seek for quality and you love to help customers achieve success, this job might be for you!
The Designated CSE is responsible for delivering world-class customer service and expertise to customers located in strategic locations in the EMEA region. This role is a hands-on, customer facing position and combines both support and service related activities. As part of a specific dedicated team, the Designated CSE is accountable for delivering value and supporting customers’ business success while driving long-term customer loyalty.
As such, you will take ownership of several customer technical accounts management and ensure their adequate adoption of Scality’s solutions. The Designated CSE will provide integration, consulting, training, support and professional services as appropriate, with strong proactivity and responsiveness to customer requests, continuous improvement in the quality of customer interaction and satisfaction, processes optimization and ownership of appropriate escalations.
This position reports to the Director of the Dedicated Care Service.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of the Dedicated Care Service to customers across the EMEA region as per the Dedicated Care Service contract, including:
- creating and using high-quality technical and business documentation, including systematically updating process documentation, customer architecture and configuration documentation upon change activity
- organizing sequenced customers check-ins and preparing accurate and timely reports
- conducting customers’ platform monitoring
- analyzing and reporting metrics appropriately to the customers
- performing planification and delivery of professional services,
- conducting periodic reviews of customer operations
- processing tickets, ensuring respect of response time SLAs
- managing escalations within the company as appropriate
- reviewing support cases to proactively identify service improvement opportunities, performing root cause analysis
- Proactively advising and working with customers to understand and support growth and future usage to plan for scalability and optimal performance, in coordination with Global support teams, Sales teams and other Services and Support teams
For that, you will be expected to:
- understand customers’ business and requirements
- position yourself as a privileged designated consultant, driven by excellence, and as trusted advisor supporting the customers’ business success
- ensure appropriate activities planning
- identify opportunities for improvement and business development
- provide quality external and internal communication
- drive effective collaboration with the other departments such as Customer Support, Professional services and Sales teams to deliver the Dedicated Care service and to ensure long term relationship with the customers
You may also contribute to ad-hoc projects around knowledge management, methods and tools serving the development of the worldwide services and support communities at Scality.
Ability to travel up to 50 % once Covid-19 restrictions are no longer in place.
What Scality can offer you:
- an international and diverse culture. We encourage diversity of backgrounds and experiences!
- we support training and development
- we enjoy get-togethers and fun
- check out our values here:https://www.scality.com/careers/life-at-scality/
- We encourage employees to participate in corporate responsibility program initiatives
- sport and wellness program
- Proven track record of customer facing professional services and /or support delivery or consulting
- Minimum 10 years of technical implementation and technologies experience
- Hands-on technical delivery management
- Strong understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
- Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms) and container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Automation (Saltstack, Ansible)
- Knowledge of ITIL Problem and Change management processes
- Knowledge of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
- Proven record of establishing strong interpersonal relationships, towards both internal and external customers
- Ability to listen, understand and report customer needs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Personal accountability for achieving results
- Strong Project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, with a business oriented-approach, with both customer and Scality internal stakeholders
- Autonomy to manage dedicated accounts, ability to take ownership of projects/accounts and show initiative
- Ability to multiple tasks and manage projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, with refocus based on changing priorities
- Adaptable and Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven experience in working effectively with cross-functional teams on site and remote
- Fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- Additional European language is a plus.
Scality is one of the most prominent FrenchTech companies, recognized in France and abroad for its technical leadership and its open source contributions. Selected for the #FT120, Scality is also a worldwide leader in the space of software defined storage. Scality has over 300 customers in more than 30 countries, and they include some of the largest telecom operators and banks in the world, many TV stations, and over 30 hospitals. For its team members, Scality wants to be an exceptional employer with many benefits such as continuous education and sport budgets, donation matching, paternity leave and many other benefits that go well beyond standards. Scality is also a conscious company which invested heavily in room-to-room conferencing to minimize travel and compensate for all its travel related carbon emissions.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Eat well really means “Enjoy Life” which Scality employees and leaders do very well!
Learn more about Scality on our careers page .
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE.