Business Development Representative - UK
London, UK /
Sales EMEA /
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage and was recently awarded the Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader status for the 7th consecutive year. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than seven hundred million users daily in some of the most high-profile accounts in the world. Scality’s enterprise customers now span 55 countries across multiple industries, including healthcare, financial services, cloud service providers, government agencies and media content deliverers. In 2022 Scality saw continued growth of 22% across EMEA while experiencing our best quarter in our 13-year history.
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
With the primary role of supporting the Regional Director, this person will play a fundamental role in maintaining existing customer and alliance partner relationships and achieving revenue growth objectives. The focus of this position will be to engage with existing customers in order to source new sales opportunities, also to drive lead and marketing initiatives for your assigned region. This is a high reward & high profile position with fantastic career potential within 18-24 months and with the ability to work with some of the most strategic partners and customers in the industry.
Scality's go-to-market strategy requires our teams to drive demand with potential prospects while working closely with our impressive list of alliance and channel partners. Our vertical industry target markets include: Enterprise (Financial Services & other Global 2000); Public Sector (Healthcare, Police, Intelligence & Government); Cloud (Telco, Mobile & Cable, Hosting, Colo, Media & Entertainment, Content Distribution). This is an unbelievable opportunity to join a great organization with unique career potential. There is massive growth in data storage requirements, 10 times faster than previous years due to data being generated by cloud-native apps. Furthermore 80% of this storage growth is in the unstructured data space which is exactly where Scality fits.
- Research assigned accounts, identify key players and generate sales opportunities
- Identify customer needs and provide guidance on how Scality can help
- Source new sales opportunities within your assigned accounts through outbound networking
- Support sales & marketing events (i.e. trade shows & exhibitions, partner & customer days, etc…)
- Present Scality’s value story
- Work with the Scality Partner ecosystem to drive joint campaigns and sales plays, build pipeline and close deals
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales management for further development and closure
- Create and submit quotes
- Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas
- Maintain and expand your database of contacts within the account ecosystem
- Regular contact with customers via phone, emails and direct face to face
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative and or similar role
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls, emailing, social media etc…)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and other revenue operations tools
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- A bachelor's degree from a recognised university in Sales/Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills