Business Development Representative - Boston
Boston, MA /
Sales US /
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage and was recently awarded the Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader status for the 6th consecutive year. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily in some of the most high profile accounts in the world. Scality’s enterprise customers now span 43 countries across multiple industries, including healthcare, financial services, cloud service providers, government agencies and media content deliverers. In 2020 Scality saw unprecedented growth of 30% WW while experiencing our best quarter in our 10 year history.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Learn more about Scality on our careers page.
The focus of this position will be to engage with new prospects and drive lead and marketing initiatives for your assigned region or account territory. This is a high reward & high profile position with fantastic career potential with the ability to work with some of the most strategic partners and customers in the industry
Scality's go to market strategy requires our teams to drive demand with potential prospects while working closely our impressive list of alliance and channel partners. Our vertical industry target markets include: Service Providers (TSP and content developers); Content Distribution; Cloud firms; Media and Entertainment; Financial Services; Enterprise Cloud; and Video Surveillance. This is an unbelievable opportunity to join a great organization with unique career potential. The software defined storage space is hot and Scality is ready to explode.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present our Scality’s value story to potential clients and partners
- Identify client needs and provide guidance on how Scality can help
- Leverage market intelligence and research to effectively focus our go to market efforts in your region
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Work with the Scality Partner ecosystem to drive joint campaigns and sales plays
- Be a part of our career development program to bolster your sales and industry knowledge
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative and or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls, emailing, social media etc…)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) and other revenue operations tools
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Sales/Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field