Product Owner - S3 and Identity and Access Management
R&D Paris /
Full Time /
Scality, the world leader in object storage and distributed file systems, bridges the gap between application vendors, industry standard hardware providers and its customers’ storage scale, durability, cost, and performance requirements - with the Scality ARTESCA and RING products.
Scality excels at delivering the core technologies behind the public cloud offering of some of the major service providers worldwide. As such Scality products providing Object storage for service-oriented public and private clouds are serving over 500 million end customers worldwide, with over 800 billion objects in production.
The management at scale of these users, their roles and associated rights, the integration of these users management within the identity management infrastructure of our customers is a cornerstone of our product offering. To achieve this Scality has massively invested in the AWS S3 IAM Policies support, the ability to integrate with Active Directories and other SAML identity service providers. Scality has also invested heavily on the User Experience with regards to identity and access management to ensure every profile of administrator can leverage these services whether they would be expert or IT generalists.
In order to continue being at the forefront of the Object stores delivery, Scality is seeking an individual already well versed within these technologies and challenges and who’ll be willing to act as a leader to define and maintain Scality strategy on our products on identity management together with the Tech Leads and Architects. The Platform Product Owner will also ensure this strategy is executed with respect to customer expectations in close relationship with most of the active working forces within Scality.
Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Product, this role will drive frequent interactions with Sales, Sales Engineers and Support teams on the customer facing side as well as Tech-Leads, Architects and up to CTO level on the internal side.
As the Identity and Access Management product owner you will work on
- Understand Scality’s customer and market requirements, solutions and use cases
- Translate requirements and solutions into roadmaps and detailed product features
- Write features specification and articulate customer requirements into Epics and User Stories
- Focused on providing best user experience through UI, API or CLI components
- Work with engineering teams and attend development team meetings, as the key liaison between the engineering teams and product team
- Communicate on the detailed specifications to Sales Engineers to ensure clear understanding on the feature and avoid scope creep
- Animate and lead the sprint definition of the squad
- Help in processing, understanding, refining and prioritising the customer requirements coming from Customer Services and Pre Sales or other engineering teams
- Travel up to 25% across US and Europe related to the above mentioned tasks
The ideal candidate would have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience as a PO in a High Tech software company ideally related to install, deployment, monitoring and management challenges of pure, hybrid cloud and distributed infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of Agile / Scrum / Lean development methodology
- Comfortable with Front end and back end specifications (UI/UX and API specifications)
- Interest in the feature architecture and design
- Should the applicant add Software defined object storage and distributed file systems knowledge to this skill set that’d be even better.
- Previous role as a Systems Engineer, System Administrator or Developer with preference given to candidates who have previous experience working closely with product management peers
- Data Centers technologies in general (Administration, storage, networking, security, multi sites architectures)
- Cloud Platforms: AWS / MS Azure / Google Cloud.
- Specifically AWS Identity & Access Management
- AD / SAML / Identity Provider
- Cryptography applied to identity and secret management
- Containers and Kubernetes environments: AKS, EKS, GKE, Openshift, Tanzu
- Virtualization: Openstack, VMWare, …
- Linux distributions
- Experience with network storage systems would also be highly valued, including related technologies such as backup, archive and replication.
- Familiar with project and issue tracking software such as Jira and Github.
- Master Git as a tool to write and publish requirements through the organisation.
- Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and current in new technologies
- High-end equipment (Apple/Dell laptop computers, Bring-Your-Own-OS policy, multiple screens)
- Stock options distribution
- Individual performance rewards
- Remote Work policy
- Sports and Wellness programs
- Ample training allowance (e.g., internal/external skills training, conferences, coaching)
- Annual off-site company-wide “Kick-Off” event
- Food fun: weekly company breakfast, a lunch delivery service, unlimited hot soothing coffee/tea/chocolate drinks, and more
- Office fun: Babyfoot, Ping-Pong, board and card games, planned group activities
Scality is one of the most prominent FrenchTech startups, recognized throughout the industry for its technical leadership and its open source contributions. Selected for the #FT120, Scality is a worldwide leader in the space of software defined storage. Scality has over 300 customers in more than 30 countries, including some of the largest telecom operators and banks, several TV stations, and over 30 hospitals. For its team members, Scality wants to be an exceptional employer with many benefits such as continuous education and sport budgets, donation matching, paternity leave worldwide and many other benefits that go well beyond market standards. Scality is also a responsible company which invests heavily in room-to-room conferencing to minimize travel and compensates for all its travel related carbon emissions.
Scality’s internal motto is: “Work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”“Eat well” really means “Enjoy Life” which Scality employees and leaders do very well!
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page. Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality. Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor & Welcome to the Jungle to stay up to date on jobs and company news.