Customer facing Linux System Engineer - London or Remote
London, UK /
Tech Services EMEA /
Scality is one of the most prominent FrenchTech Startup, recognized in France and abroad for its technical leadership and its open source contributions. Selected for the #FT120, Scality is also a worldwide leader in the space of software defined storage. Scality has over 300 customers in more than 30 countries, and they include some of the largest telecom operators and banks in the world, many TV stations, and over 30 hospitals. For its team members, Scality wants to be an exceptional employer with many benefits such as continuous education and sport budgets, donation matching, paternity leave and many other benefits that go well beyond standards. Scality is also a conscious company which invested heavily in room-to-room conferencing to minimize travel and compensate for all its travel related carbon emissions.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!” Eat well really means “Enjoy Life” which Scality employees and leaders do very well!
Learn more about Scality on our careers page .Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE.
Follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Glassdoor & Welcome to the Jungle to stay up to date on jobs and company news.
You are passionate about these technologies: Linux / Kubernetes / Docker / ELK / Redis / MongoDB / SaltStack / Ansible / S3, you care about the customer's experience and have a strong desire to join bold and skilled coworkers
Bachelor level or 5 years experienceBase salary depending on experience > 45k - 100k€. Junior and Senior positions available.
Location: London and open to full remote
Full time position
Your main missions
- Help and guide the customers on technical and functional challenges,
- Dive into several OpenSource stacks,
- Partake in R&D projects at different stages (requirements, technological barriers, product evolution, prototype testing),
- Prove new and disruptive solutions.
- You are at ease in a multi-tasking environment, managing several projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment,
- You seek to follow, improve, create and document high-quality technical material,
- You strive to amaze the customers, partners, coworkers and other teams with over the top communication,
- You have the ability to transcribe clear and educated feedback on technical issues and customer experience.
You Will Need The Following Hard Skills
- In-depth Linux system administration (4+ years experience),
- Management of large/high availability distributed environments,
- Skilled in Shell, Python or whatever triggers your fancy,
- Full english proficiency (Written and Spoken).
We will definitely want to speak to you if you have one of the following
- Knowledge on one or several of these technologies : Kubernetes / Docker / Elasticsearch / Grafana / Redis / MongoDB / SaltStack / Ansible / S3,
- Ability to work in a distributed and diverse team,
- You understand the full value of a service platform, capable of matching customer needs, software design options and hardware requirements and configuration,
- Prior knowledge on networking, NAS/SAN technologies, service load-balancing, web services, SMB, a definitive +.