FX Lead - Montreal
3D – FX /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, recent work includes Free Guy, Black Widow, The Suicide Squad, The Nevers, Shadow and Bone, Lisey's Story, and Reminiscence
Currently in production are a number of exciting projects such as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Foundation, Eternals, The Batman, Stranger Things Season 4, Moonfall, The Flash, and many more announcements coming soon.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
Reporting to the FX Supervisor, the FX Lead creates high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D effects. They troubleshoot and solve technical and artistic issues to meet client requirements and production deadlines.
- Creates a wide variety of realistic effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, and water
- Works under the guidance of multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy, often exploring different approaches and looks
- Works with the FX leads to produce various elements using presets and templates, and to expand and improve upon these templates
- Revises simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinates with the lighting department to ensure seamless integration of FX elements
- Works within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Helps develop and explore new ways to enhance results
- Helps team debug issues and learn new methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in live action visual effects for feature films or high level television
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Knowledge of Houdini and/or 3ds Max (required)
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena on different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a keenness to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to work and solve technical issues independently
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Compositing and scripting experience is a plus
- Flowline experience is highly desirable
BONUS SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- Thinking Particle
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.