Simulations – Crowd /
Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
The Crowd Supervisor is responsible for studio wide management of the crowd department, leading teams of artists and coordinating with all levels of production
- Collaborates and communicates with supervisors and producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline and problem solve if any issues for feature film development
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
- On-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisor regarding schedules, deadlines and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production
- Trains of junior artists and Generalists in crowd specific pipeline disciplines
- Supervises motion capture sessions when necessary for show and studio motion libraries
- Develops pipeline tools and workflows for crowds at both show and studio levels
- Collaborates with the departments to and from the crowd department to optimize workflow and pipeline
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum four (4) years of crowd experience in a feature film production setting
- Experience with Houdini and/or Golaem is required
- Maya knowledge is required
- Experience with other Maya based crowd simulation tools preferred (Miarmy, Massive, Houdini)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability
- Understanding of all parts of post-production pipeline with a focus on Animation/rigging
- MotionBuilder and Max knowledge is a plus
- Python / C++ experience (desired)
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.