Senior Systems Engineer
IT – IT /
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be part of our engineering team and responsible for building and maintaining core facility wide systems and technology, such as our datacenter and cloud infrastructure, storage, rendering, and remote workstations. We are looking for experienced candidates who have previous experience in a similar role. You will be working in a small team responsible for defining and implementing Scanline’s current and next-generation infrastructure.
- Design and builds reliable core infrastructure to enable internal teams to deliver their creative outputs
- Work cross-functionally with pipeline and other development teams to build and operate systems and services that provide reliable and scalable solutions supporting the artist experience
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a VFX, animation, or similar creative environment in systems engineering or development role
- Working knowledge of VFX or animation pipelines, systems, and tools, such as ShotGrid, Foundry Nuke, RV, Maya, and Deadline
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Exposure to modern cloud technologies and automation such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Comfortable developing automation and other tools using languages such as Python and PowerShell and git-based workflows
- Experience deploying and operating production-related services such as database, render farm queues, configuration management systems, and license servers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts to a range of audiences
- Experience working on an internationally distributed team is a plus
$110,000 - $145,000 a year
This salary range is specific to applicants applying to our position in Vancouver, BC. To determine your base salary, we consider your qualifications, skills, and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary outside of this range and will also be dependent on your location
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar — both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix’s investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Come as you are. We are committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications.
We will only consider applicants based in British Columbia, or those willing to relocate.