Simulations – FX /
Fixed term /
The FX Supervisor oversees the work delivered by the FX team, working alongside Production and Heads of Departments to ensure then highest quality and that client requirements and deadlines are met. They will act as mentor and help develop their team by assessing the strengths, weaknesses, and interests of each member and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Develops and produces a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
- Be responsive to the needs of the FX department, identifies and defines them, communicates them and follows up with the Development team
- Reviews simulations based on client requirements and offer feedback in a timely and positive manner
- Participates in the FX department’s recruitment effort by reviewing and interviewing candidates
- Works with the Director of CG and Department Manager on expanding the department's roadmap
- Works within the established pipeline and offers constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Helps develop and explore new ways to enhance results and FX team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in live action FX work and previous experience in a supervision and/or lead role
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Knowledge of Houdini and/or 3ds Max (required)
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena at different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a hunger to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to manage schedule and expectations alongside with production team
- Ability to showcase show management and people management skills while supervising a show
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a cooperative, fast-paced environment
- Compositing and scripting experience a plus
BONUS SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- Thinking Particle
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar — both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix’s investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Come as you are
We are committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications.
We will only consider applicants based in British Columbia, or those willing to relocate.