Modeler - Vancouver
3D – Modeling /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are WFH unless otherwise indicated.
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the well rounded Modeler will execute poly modeling skills for everything from creating environments, vehicles, props and characters to be used in production with an emphasis on photorealism, accuracy, detail, and function. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Modeler is able to solve technical issues independently.
- Create high quality models and UVs for use in production; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
- Design and implement high level conceptual to practical modeling
- Proactively recommend ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues and provides solutions, and escalates as needed
- Maintain positive relationship with all stakeholder departments; attend meetings as needed
- Work within the defined pipeline
- Ensure continuity and support other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, Generalists and rigging
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three (3) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic assets for live action feature films
- Expert in Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and trouble shoot
- Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
- Excellent technical trouble shooting skills and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take design from ambiguous to full design implementation
- Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map work flow
- Experience working on creatures, digi doubles, topology and blend shapes (preferred)
- Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure highest quality before handing off assets
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.