Creative Management – CG Supervisor /
The CG Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of the show within the facility. They will be responsible for ensuring clear communication to the 3D team within the show, and that the 3D departments deliver on time. Along with the VFX Supervisor, they are responsible for artistic cohesion with the client.
- Works directly with the leadership team and other VFX Supervisors to determine and advise technical solutions
- Ensures quality of work is of the highest standards
- Advises and ensures timely delivery of production department assignments and scheduling
- Collaborates with other department managers on dailies, workflow, and pipeline strategies, providing ongoing improvement to processes and methodology
- Responsible for workflow, organization, shot continuity, grain continuity, and quality control metrics
- Will be expected to spot check individual work of other artists and evaluate quality and efficiency of team’s work
- Mentors team members and conducts performance evaluations
- Assesses quality, problem solves, and escalates as needed
- Serves as a key technical expert on shows as well as facility
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor`s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent required
- Minimum six (6) years of live-action visual effects experience on high profile feature films
- Demonstrates strong technical and leadership capabilities
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and training large teams
- Exceptional artistic skills and organizational skills; understands how to prioritize the necessary tasks and assignments
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly, verbally, and in written form
- Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live-action and visual effects, as well as a deep understanding of CG pipelines
- Experience and knowledge of all 3D areas (modeling, rigging, texturing, look development, character FX, FX, and lighting)
- Keenness to learn Flowline (our proprietary software)
- Experience in 3ds Max (preferred)
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team, and thrive under the pressure of tight deadlines
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar — both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix’s investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Come as you are
We are committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications.
We will only consider applicants based in British Columbia, or those willing to relocate.