Crowd Artist - Vancouver
3D – Crowd /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are for remote work unless otherwise stated.
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds, in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previs purposes.
- Creates digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director and production.
- Collaborates and communicates with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
- Establishes on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback
- Attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences, and production
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live action feature film or TV
- Golaem, Maya and Python (required)
- 3ds Max experience (preferred)
- Rigging and animation experience is a plus
- Experience with MoCap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder is a plus
- Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.