3D – Crowd /
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we’ve grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline’s virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previz purposes.
We are currently reviewing applications for future openings.
- Creates digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director and production.
- Collaborates and communicates with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
- Establishes on-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback
- Attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences, and production
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live-action feature film or TV
- Houdini and/or Golaem, Maya, and Python (required)
- 3ds Max experience (preferred)
- Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
- Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder is a plus
- Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.