Matchmove Department Lead
3D – Matchmove /
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with studios in 7 core locations. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we’ve grown to a team of over 1,400 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline’s virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career!
Scanline VFX, une compagnie de Netflix, est un leader mondial dans l'industrie des effets visuels réparti à travers 7 studios mondialement. Établie il y a plus de 30 ans, nous comptons aujourd'hui plus 1,400 employées dans notre équipe composée de diverses nationalités. Animé par l'innovation, Eyeline Studios, notre division de production virtuelle, réimagine la production du cinéma en temps réel en offrant aux créateurs une flexibilité inégalée.
Joignez-vous à notre équipe dynamique de classe mondiale!
The Matchmove Department Lead is responsible for completing senior-level matchmove tasks as well as supporting and reviewing the work of their facility team. They will work closely with the Matchmove project leads and supervisor to ensure they and their facility team provide 3d solutions that precisely recreate the movement & technical aspects of the subject matter. Successful applicants should have the ability to communicate well with neighboring departments, lead a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
- Supports and mentors matchmove artists
- Derives accurate camera and object 3D solutions adhering to all provided camera and subject specifications (focal length, film back, lens distortion, rolling shutter, etc.)
- Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
- Ensures continuity between scenes/shots when working with other Mathmove and Layout artists with the same project, sequence, assets, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum five (5) years in a similar role within the VFX industry for feature film
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience as a show lead
- Firm grasp of 3D tracking principles and toolsets
- Must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists
- Demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Matchmove & Layout Leads / Supervisors.
- Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule
- Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Aware of overall team deadlines and schedule; communicating with the department production manager and/or coordinator any and all shifts in scheduled dates
- Good communication skills both technically, creatively, verbal, and written
- 3d Equalizer - Advanced
- Maya - Advanced
- Nuke - Intermediate
- Shotgun – Intermediate
- 3d Studio Max – A plus
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel.