Creative Management – VFX Supervisor /
The VFX Supervisor is responsible for determining the overall technical approach and provides the leadership needed to achieve the desired look and effects for a given project while acting as a creative liaison between the facility and the client.
- Collaborates in the creation and/or enhancement of the Director’s vision for the production
- Translates the vision into art/technical direction for the production
- Guides the development of creative responses to feedback
- Determines the overall technical approach and provides technical leadership for visual effects for production, pre-and post-production
- Estimates and establishes resource requirements, budgets, schedules, and performance standards for the production
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget execution, and delivery, as well as quality, of all effects, work for the project
- Monitors project progress, directs staff, and participates in plate shoots
- Supervises and directs the work of several digital effects disciplines
- Reviews, critiques, adjusts, and approves work created in advance of the Director’s review
- Conducts performance reviews and provides regular performance feedback to senior direct reports
- Participates with senior leadership in the development of company-wide standards to resolve or avoid issues that might erode competitive advantage
- Minimum (6) years leading live-action visual effects experience on high profile feature films
- Experience in leading and mentoring large teams and large projects
- Pro-active problem solver who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Command a broad knowledge of technologies including 2D and 3D softwares
- Must be confident, well-spoken, and have an understanding of on-set etiquette and client sensibilities
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly (written / verbal)
- Well rounded working knowledge of the technical and artistic aspects of live-action and visual effects
- Experience in 3ds Max preferred
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar — both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix’s investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Come as you are
We are committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications.
We will only consider applicants based in the United Kingdom, or those willing to relocate.