Desktop / Hardware Support - Vancouver
Technology – Systems/IT /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are WFH unless otherwise indicated.
The Desktop/Hardware Support reports to the Head of IT. This role involves providing day to day technical support in our Los Angeles studio and our remote datacenter in Los Angeles.
- Provides IT support to the LA and Vancouver studios
- Installs new hardware and maintains existing workstations and servers
- Collaborates with local and remote team members to escalate and resolve problems
- Collaborates with IT and pipeline team to resolve cross-department technical problems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum (1) year of Linux/Windows/Mac desktop or server experience
- Building and repairing computer hardware
- Basic network configuration and troubleshooting
- Scripting languages knowledge (e.g. Python, bash, Powershell) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information, making a decision and taking action
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including remote members of the team
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.