Rigging Supervisor | Superviseur en rigging
3D – Rigging /
Staff - Exempt
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio located in historical Montreal and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world. ________________________________________________________________________________________________
ScanlineVFX est une compagnie d`effets visuels renommée ayant des studios à Vancouver, Montréal, Los Angeles, Londres, Séoul, Munich, et Stuttgart.
Joignez-vous à notre studio primé au coeur de Montréal et vous serez appelé à vous surpasser afin d`atteindre de nouveaux sommets dans votre carrière.
The Rigging Supervisor is responsible for all resources, direction, and output of the rigging department. They attend both show and facility based planning meetings, and determine the direction and priorities of the department to meet the challenges arising from those meetings. They strive for an overall increase in quality for all digital assets while decreasing the learning curve and work flow complexity required to achieve said quality. Manages and oversees all members of the team, and contributes to an increase in their knowledge and skills while fostering a creative and enjoyable working environment.
- Overall team management and resource planning such as recruitment, resource allocation, training, development and performance management
- Collaboratively works with studio leadership; prioritizes and escalates show and overall studio pipeline tasks and solutions
- Develops studio tools and improvements to rigging pipeline as well as sibling departments
- Work with the production team to meet the goals and requirements of asset deliveries, including R&D and rapid prototyping
- Stays up to date with rigging techniques in the industry and plans development when relevant new technology emerges
- Reviews and evaluates the work of artists on the rigging team for both technical and artistic improvements
- Creates documentation and training materials
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Post grad Diploma/Certificate (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of rigging experience in visual effects for feature films using Maya
- Minimum four (4) years of leadership/management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python, Maya API, and C++
- 3ds Max experience is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Maya and animation pipeline work flow
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, and elevate members to produce their best work
- Strong creative trouble shooting/problem solving ability
- Expert knowledge and understanding of human and creature anatomy
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.