Modeler - Montreal
3D – Modeling /
Contract - Artist
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the well-rounded Modeler will execute poly modeling skills for everything from creating environments, vehicles, props, and characters to be used in production with an emphasis on photo-realism, accuracy, detail, and function. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Modeler is able to solve technical issues independently.
- Creates high-quality models and UVs for use in production; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
- Designs and implements high level conceptual to practical modeling
- Proactively recommends ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues and provides solutions, and escalates as needed
- Maintains a positive relationship with all stakeholder departments; attend meetings as needed
- Works within the defined pipeline
- Ensures continuity and support other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, Generalists, and rigging
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum three (3) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic assets for live-action feature films
- Expert in Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and troubleshoot
- Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take design from ambiguous to full design implementation
- Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map workflow
- Experience working on creatures, digi doubles, topology, and blend shapes (preferred)
- Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure the highest quality before handing off assets
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.