Maya Pipeline Developer - Montreal
Technology – Pipeline/Software /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership, the Maya Pipeline Developer supports the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the studio tools and pipeline workflow. The Maya Pipeline Developer's perspective is customer-centric with the artist and production team’s requirements in mind. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and work collaboratively, the Maya Developer has intermediate skills with Maya, Python, and Mel Script required to solve day-to-day VFX studio pipeline issues.
- Identifies and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline, and overall workflow development
- Gathers requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple departments and/or disciplines
- Leverages current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline’s technologies
- Designs, builds, and implements pro-types; Debug and QA using common testing platforms with stakeholders
- Maintains and supports created tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed
- Writes Technical Briefs and documentation
- Partners with Pipeline Management team to identify and schedule tasks
- Defines, communicates and enforces coding standards across teams and projects
- Mentors other pipeline team members; advises, guides, and grows others
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BA Computer Science or similar discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
- Maya, Python, and Mel Script knowledge is required
- C++, Maya API, Shotgun, and 3D experience is preferred
- Experience with rigging, animation, and creature FX is desired
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.