CFX TD - Vancouver
3D – CFX /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Reporting to the CFX leadership, the CFX TD designs, builds and maintains in-house artist tools, UI and dynamic rigs. As a dotted line partner with the studio pipeline team, the CFX TD supports artist and production teams across studio projects with a focus on the CFX department.
- Creates artist tools and UI for the CFX department
- Partners with the management team to identify and implement existing and new pipeline features, tools, UI, and rigs
- Troubleshoots artist tool issues and develops effective solutions in collaboration with pipeline team
- Supports the production team and attends production meetings as needed for information and requirements gathering
- Writes technical briefs and provides supporting documentation to studio teams
- Identifies early areas of improvement and escalates issues as needed
- Runs shots and supports various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (preferred)
- Minimum five (5) years of creature simulation experience in live action visual effects for feature films or similar production environment
- Hair, cloth, muscle simulation experience in VFX feature films or similar development environment
- Experience with muscle setup, simulation, and deformation is a plus.
- Maya, Python, Mel Script experience (required)
- Experience working with Maya API
- Soup Maya experience (a plus)
- C++, Max/Max Script (preferred)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
- Quick learner with strong troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.