Unreal Software Developer - Vancouver
Technology – Pipeline /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Working with the Software Development leadership, the Unreal Software Developer identifies, innovates and solves complex challenges with the Unreal Engine. Their focus is high level and forward looking with a demonstrated ability and experiences for real-time technology and Virtual Production. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new Unreal Engine features and pipeline tools.
- Develops and maintains tools in Unreal for Virtual Production
- Builds, improves and maintains scalable Blueprints
- Explores technologies in Virtual Production such as motion trackers, LED screens and robotics
- Develops workflows and tool to seamlessly transfer content from DCC software to Unreal
- Leverages current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline’s technologies
- Designs, implements, and releases state-of-the-art components and applications for mission-critical, high performance, and globally distributed systems
- Writes technical briefs and user documentation
- Partners with Software Development leadership to identify and schedule tasks
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five (5) years of advanced experience with C++
- Minimum five (5) years of Unreal experience building, debugging, and supporting complex setups in Unreal
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with virtual production and film/TV production workflows
- A thorough understanding of real-time rendering workflows
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Unreal (required)
- Python (required)
- C++ (required)
- 3ds Max (a plus)
- Maya (a plus)
- Houdini (a plus)
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.