Systems Administrator [Sr] - Vancouver
Technology – Systems/IT /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are WFH unless otherwise indicated.
The Senior Systems Administrator reports to the Head of IT. This role involves maintaining existing and implementing new systems to support our onsite and remote studios and machine co-locations. Their key function is to support diverse multi-platform network and infrastructure comprised of high performance network storage and a large rendering/compute farm with hundreds of users at multiple locations.
- Maintains current systems and implement new systems
- Mentors and trains team members
- Performs research and development for technical strategy and future systems; define and advocate software solutions and options using SWOT metrics
- Provides Tier 3 level escalation support for difficult to solve incidents
- Collaborates with IT and pipeline team to resolve cross-department technical problems and diagnose root causes of incidents
- Guides and project manages the implementation of infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration and dev-ops methodologies in IT team
- Minimum five (5) years of Linux and Windows experience (required)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, bash, Powershell) (required)
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Salt or Ansible (required)
- Experience in using development tools such as git, JIRA, Confluence (required)
- Experience managing large multi-platform environments - ideally mixed Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments (preferred)
- Proficiency with network design and protocols such as DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing protocols, firewalls (preferred)
- Experience managing high performance network attached storage environments (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and give direction to others as well as taking direction from management
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information, making a decision and taking action
- Able to manage own workload and balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment including remote members of the team
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.