Motion – Animation /
Scanline VFX, a Netflix Company, is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios in worldwide. From humble beginnings over 30 years ago, we’ve grown to a team of over 1,000 made up of diverse nationalities from around the world. Underpinned by a commitment to innovation, Eyeline Studios, Scanline’s virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
The Lead Animator is responsible for supervising the process of creating high-quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
- Supervising the process of creating high quality character, creature and/or object animations for feature films.
- Working closely with supervisors and head of department to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic.
- Attend and actively participate in show and department related meetings
- Plan and provide estimates/schedules for tasks and shows .
- Plan on the team with the Department manager and forecast any resource needs
- Do daily rounds/reviews with the artists and providing creative solutions
- Communicate client notes to the team.
- Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Minimum (4-6) years of experience in a animation lead position on feature films (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required)
- Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and composition
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed
- Coding /scripting experiences in python and or mel (a plus)