FX Supervisor - London
3D – FX /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio in the heart of London's film district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are WFH unless otherwise indicated.
The FX Supervisor oversees the work delivered by the FX team, working alongside Production and Heads of Departments to ensure then highest quality and that client requirements and deadlines are met. They will act as mentor and help develop their team by assessing the strengths, weaknesses, and interests of each member and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Develops and produces a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
- Be responsive to the needs of the FX department, identifies and defines them, communicates them and follows up with the Development team
- Reviews simulations based on client requirements and offer feedback in a timely and positive manner
- Participates in the FX department’s recruitment effort by reviewing and interviewing candidates
- Works with the Director of CG and Department Manager on expanding the department's roadmap
- Works within the established pipeline and offers constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Helps develop and explore new ways to enhance results and FX team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in live action FX work and previous experience in a supervision and/or lead role
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Knowledge of Houdini and/or 3ds Max (required)
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena at different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a hunger to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to manage schedule and expectations alongside with production team
- Ability to showcase show management and people management skills while supervising a show
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a cooperative, fast-paced environment
- Compositing and scripting experience a plus
BONUS SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- Thinking Particle
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.