3D – Crowd /
Staff - Exempt
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
The Crowd Supervisor is responsible for studio wide management of the crowd department, leading teams of artists and coordinating with all levels of production
- Collaborates and communicate with supervisors and producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline and problem solve if any issues for feature film development
- Proposes creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
- On-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisor regarding schedules, deadlines and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production
- Trains of junior artists and Generalists in crowd specific pipeline disciplines
- Supervises motion capture sessions when necessary for show and studio motion libraries
- Develops pipeline tools and workflows for crowds at both show and studio levels
- Collaborates with the departments to and from the crowd department to optimize workflow and pipeline
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum four (4) years of crowd experience in a feature film production setting
- Experience with Massive is required
- Maya knowledge is required
- Experience with other Maya based crowd simulation tools preferred (Miarmy, Golaem, Houdini)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong troubleshooting/problem solving ability
- Understanding of all parts of post production pipeline with a focus on Animation/rigging
- MotionBuilder and Max knowledge is a plus
- Python / C++ experience (desired)
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.