3D Generalist - Vancouver
3D – Generalists /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Vancouver's cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are WFH unless otherwise indicated.
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the 3D Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of realistic lighting, modeling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films, they are able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow.
- Creates high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live action feature films and seamlessly integrates the various layers of a shot
- Executes a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
- Establishes looks and / or follow set style direction
- Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and / or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
- Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
- Collaborates with other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to highest standard and on schedule
- Mentors and advise junior compositors and shares knowledge and techniques
- Escalates issues as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with 3ds Max software is preferred but Maya experience will be considered so long as you are willing to learn 3ds Max
- Basic understanding of MAXScript
- Must be able to work under the guidance of a CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
- Proven development skills
- Strong sense of compositions, light, and color
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.