Grooming Artist - Montreal
3D – CFX /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
The Grooming Artist’s focus is on hair and fur grooming using modeling and texturing skills to create assets for the production team. Their work must be photo-realistic with accuracy in detail and function. Working with the in-house pipeline, the VFX Asset Generalist is able to solve technical issues independently.
- Creates photo-real hair and fur grooms to be used on our digital doubles and creatures
- Creates high-quality models and UV's for use in production; implements improvements and changes based on review feedback from the supervisor and lead direction
- Creates photo-real textures, both hand-painted and from set photography to a level of detail necessary for hero CG assets
- Works within the defined pipeline
- Ensures continuity and supports other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, and rigging
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Works independently on defined tasks but in collaboration with artists and supervisors in modeling, shading, and lighting during the look development process
- Learns and adapts to new workflows and methods quickly
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Digital Arts or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Maya and XGen is required
- Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Mari, 3ds Max, V-Ray, and Nuke experience is a plus
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience working on creatures, digital doubles, topology, and blend shapes (preferred)
- Eye for detail and able to QA their own work to ensure the highest quality before assets handoff
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as a team player
- A clear understanding of color space, shading, lighting, and rendering methodologies
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.