Animator (Expression of Interest)
Motion – Animation /
As an Animator, you will be responsible for generating high quality character, creature, and/or object animation for live-action visual effects.
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisors and Animation Leads to create high quality animation
- Work with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Liaise with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree and/or Diploma in Animation or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of live action production experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required) Nuke, 3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling, as well as staying on model
- Strong understanding the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We constantly challenge ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. Our driving force is curiosity and we recognize that great ideas can come from everyone.