Animator - Vancouver
3D – Animation /
Contract - Artist
Scanline VFX is an award-winning visual effects studio, with locations in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart. Attracting talent from around the world, current work includes Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom, The Flash, and Stanger Things Season 4.
Come and join an innovative and collaborative team and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the globe.
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Animator is responsible for generating high quality character/creature/object animation for feature films & episodic TV.
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisors and Animation Leads to create high quality animation
- Be accountable for incorporating a high level of quality in each scene
- Work with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Liaising with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree and/or Diploma in Animation or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) years VFX production experience with live-action “realism” (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required) Nuke, 3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics, acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling, as well as staying on model
- Strong understanding the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to debug technical problems and follow up for assistance if required
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.