Simulations – FX /
Fixed term /
We are looking for an FX artist to join our FX team. As an FX artist, you will be a collaborative team player, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to create high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D FX. This role requires troubleshooting skills to be able to solve technical and artistic issues while meeting client requirements and production deadlines.
- Create a variety of realistic effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, and water
- Work under the guidance of multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
- Work with the FX leads to produce various elements using presets and templates, and expand and improve upon these templates
- Revise simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the lighting department to ensure seamless integration of FX elements
- Work within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Help develop and explore new ways to enhance results
- Help the team debug issues and learn new methods
- Previous experience in live-action visual effects for feature films or high-level television
- Strong knowledge and experience with Houdini
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena on different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a keenness to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods, and share knowledge with others
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Ability to work and solve technical issues independently
- Ability to take direction positively
- Excellent communication skills
- Compositing and scripting experience
- Flowline experience
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar — both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix’s investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Come as you are
We are committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications.
We will only consider applicants based in British Columbia, or those willing to relocate.