Crowd Artist - Montreal
3D – Crowd /
Contract - Artist
The Crowd Artist is responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end visual effects film including simulation for planning and previz purposes.
- Create digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned by the Director & Production
- Collaborate and communicate with VFX/CG Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques and problem solve issues in feature film development
- Establish on-going communication with artist, leads, production and supervisors regarding schedules, deadlines, and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production
- Able to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical challenges and execute them effectively
- Propose creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) to five (5) years of crowd/motion experience in live action feature film or TV
- Golaem, Maya and Python (required)
- 3ds Max experience (preferred)
- Rigging, animation, and lookdev experience are a plus
- Experience with Mocap Retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder are a plus
- Experience with MiArmy, Massive, Houdini Crowds, or other crowd software packages is a plus
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player who excels within a collaborative environment
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
Nous offrons des assurances complémentaires santé.
Veuillez ne postuler qu'une seule fois. Nous gardons les détails de votre candidature et vous contacterons pour toutes opportunités courantes et/ou futures. Si vous souhaitez postuler pour plus d'un rôle, utilisez la même adresse courriel. Postulez de nouveau uniquement si vos détails ont récemment changé.