Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Scape seeks to unify human-machine understanding by connecting the physical and digital world.
Scape is building the 3D map of the world: the platform on top of which all future industries, like Autonomous Vehicles, Robotics and Augmented Reality will sit. For this map to truly allow intelligent decision making, it will need to contain an abundance of semantic information. Our vision is that there will be a dedicated team whose sole focus is the enhancement of this feature; this process starts with the appointment of a Lead Machine Learning Engineer who we can then build this team around.
You will start with the analysis and enhancement of existing solutions to fit the current use-cases. You will then be tasked with building out a data mining strategy, setting up a labelling process and assisting in the expansion of the team around you. The team will further develop a proprietary solution for semantic detection and classification and will work towards the productization and perpetual improvement of set solutions.
- MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 2+ Years industrial experience in productization of Machine Learning models
- A deep understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks and related problems
- Exceptional data mining skills and experience managing a data labelling process
- Great knowledge of Python and basic SQL
- Strong communications skills
- Proven track record in writing structured software from scratch
- PhD in Deep Learning based Computer Vision
- Experience leading and growing a machine learning team
- Experience with AWS services, including AWS SageMaker
- Experience with terabyte scale computer vision datasets
Who we are
Scape Technologies is a computer vision startup, located in Shoreditch, London. The company is building a cloud-based ‘visual engine’ that allows camera devices to understand their environment, using computer vision.
Rather than rely on 3D maps built and stored locally, Scape's visual engine builds and references 3D maps on the cloud, allowing devices to tap into a ‘shared understanding’ of an environment. The first product is an SDK for mobile devices that allows augmented reality content to be anchored to specific locations, outside and at an unprecedented scale.
The company was founded in 2016 and is backed by top European venture funds.
Our Culture & Values
Scape Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The company celebrates being 'In it Together', 'Restless Self-Improvement' and 'Building the Future'.