Software Engineer | Full Stack (Mid-Level)
Scape seeks to unify human-machine understanding by connecting the physical and digital world.
As a Software Engineer at Scape with a full stack focus, you will contribute to the team developing internal applications for our operations. This will include everything from backend work, such as developing and testing API's and creating Docker containers, to wide ranging frontend activities, such as our data visualisation application for iOS and Android. The applications should be as user centred and intuitively designed as possible. You will be required to be very flexible and independent, picking up pieces in the full stack from application, to API, to database. You will quickly prototype new user and business defined features and implement them robustly, while keeping an eye on the long term company goals.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics related subject.
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience with Node.js, Django, Flask, or similar
- Experience with front end frameworks like ReactJS, AngularJS, Bootstrap, or similar
- Great intuition for database architectures and design
- Ability to modify and migrate relational databases
- Experience with iOS and Android
- Desire to make UI's as intuitive and simple as possible
- Strong spatial algorithmic intuition
- Ability to navigate cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- Understanding of Docker
Who we are
Scape Technologies is a computer vision startup, located in Shoreditch, London. The company is building a cloud-based ‘visual engine’ that allows camera devices to understand their environment, using computer vision.
Rather than rely on 3D maps built and stored locally, Scape's visual engine builds and references 3D maps on the cloud, allowing devices to tap into a ‘shared understanding’ of an environment. The first product is an SDK for mobile devices that allows augmented reality content to be anchored to specific locations, outside and at an unprecedented scale.
The company was founded in 2016 and is backed by top European venture funds.
Our Culture & Values
Scape Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The company celebrates being 'In it Together', 'Restless Self-Improvement' and 'Building the Future'.