Research Engineer | Geometric Computer Vision (Any)
Scape seeks to unify human-machine understanding by connecting the physical and digital world.
Geometry from Vision is at the heart of Scape Technologies. As a research engineer on the Scape Technologies team, you will take a key role in designing and building the pipeline for cloud-based 3D-reconstruction and real-time global localization. This will require implementing and building upon existing research in Structure-from-Motion, Dense 3D-reconstruction, Camera Calibration and SLAM.
- PhD or exceptional MSc involving 3D-Reconstruction, SLAM, Camera Calibration or Computational Geometry from a top ranking university or lab.
- Strong C++ and Python skills.
- Ability to write and test production level code.
- Experience developing on Mac or Linux.
- Fundamental understanding of Bundle Adjustment or Non-Linear Optimization.
- Experience in GPGPU programming, preferably using CUDA.
- Understanding of database structures.
- Experience with distributed computing.
- Experience programming for Android and/or iOS.
- Understanding of image segmentation.
- Fluency in ARM Assembly Language.
Who we are
Scape Technologies is a computer vision startup, located in Shoreditch, London. The company is building a cloud-based ‘visual engine’ that allows camera devices to understand their environment, using computer vision.
Rather than rely on 3D maps built and stored locally, Scape's visual engine builds and references 3D maps on the cloud, allowing devices to tap into a ‘shared understanding’ of an environment. The first product is an SDK for mobile devices that allows augmented reality content to be anchored to specific locations, outside and at an unprecedented scale.
The company was founded in 2016 and is backed by top European venture funds.
Our Culture & Values
Scape Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The company celebrates being 'In it Together', 'Restless Self-Improvement' and 'Building the Future'.
Please note that Scape Technologies does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies, and we take no responsibility for fees that may arise as a result.