Scape seeks to unify human-machine understanding by connecting the physical and digital world.
As a Software Engineer within the Preconstruction team you will work as part of a highly engaged and knowledgeable team helping to create Scape's mapping pipeline. Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be involved in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of Python and C++ code, working closely with your team, as well as other groups within a highly dynamic environment. You will help to ensure the quality, scalability and extensibility of code that we write here at Scape using best engineering practices. You will work closely with machine learning and computer vision experts, data scientists, cloud specialists and the very best software engineers from around the world.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Successful experience of working in a development team (we would usually expect this to be a minimum of 3 years)
- Experience in commercial software development to deadlines
- Strong Python and C++ skills
- Knowledge of TDD & OOP principles
- Strong communications skills
- Exposure to software architecture
- Good knowledge of Databases
- Experience in Machine learning or Computer vision fields
- Ability to navigate cloud infrastructures such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Masters degree
Who we are
Scape Technologies is a computer vision startup, located in Shoreditch, London. The company is building a cloud-based ‘visual engine’ that allows camera devices to understand their environment, using computer vision.
Rather than rely on 3D maps built and stored locally, Scape's visual engine builds and references 3D maps on the cloud, allowing devices to tap into a ‘shared understanding’ of an environment. The first product is an SDK for mobile devices that allows augmented reality content to be anchored to specific locations, outside and at an unprecedented scale.
The company was founded in 2016 and is backed by top European venture funds.
Our Culture & Values
Scape Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The company celebrates being 'In it Together', 'Restless Self-Improvement' and 'Building the Future'.