Marketplace Components – CnT
Given the exponential growth of Schibsted we are looking for the best Front End Software Engineers to join our CnT Team, based in Barcelona .
CnT is a small and specialized team responsible for developing, shipping and maintaining the classifieds marketplace products in Tunisia (“Tayara”) & Dominican Republic (“Corotos”) serving hundred of thousands of users adding up to more than 3 million weekly visits.
You will contribute to a top-of-the-line product solution, using the latest available technologies to run three end-user products (Web, Android, iOS) and our back office tool set. Based in Barcelona, you will work in a talented and dynamic environment. With high expectations on this small team, you will play a critical role for our success in the two markets and to establish a high-performing team.
Some of our tech stack
BE: Java, Scala, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Go
Mobile: iOS, Swift, Android: Java and Retrofit, Lollipop
Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, aws-cli), Netflix OSS (Spinnaker, Eureka, Asgard, Karyon, Zuul), Kubernetes, Travis CI, Marathon, Chronos & Docker.
- As Front-End Software Engineer you will : Work in a multi-disciplinary team, and help to build a responsive SPA.
- Create UI components using React.
- Help and contribute in the applications architecture definition.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
- Support diverse clients from high end desktop computers to mobile devices.
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Previous development experience with either Java, Python, PHP.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and familiar to Continuous Integration
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth.
With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.