Associate Product Manager (2021)
New York /
Schmidt Futures /
Schmidt Futures is now accepting applications from graduating seniors or recent college graduates for our Fall 2021 cohort of Associate Product Managers (APMs). APMs are an entrepreneurial group of technologists who are motivated to change the world.
The program brings together talented young leaders with technical training in computer science and other fields that are central to solving the world’s most pressing problems. APMs will receive personalized leadership training, deepen their technical skills, participate in APM class trips around the world, engage with leaders across fields, and be mentored by a network of distinguished figures in technology, including Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google and Executive Chairman of Alphabet. APMs can emerge from the program ready to manage technical teams, start businesses, take on leadership positions in companies and other organizations, and become social and policy entrepreneurs.
The APM program entails a two-year, full-time commitment, during which APMs will be based in New York, with travel to Silicon Valley and other geographies as needed.
- Demonstrated abilities in driving successful outcomes in highly ambiguous situations.
- Experience approaching challenges with grit and determination.
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to listen, build relationships, and draw out expertise and support from colleagues, advisors and partners.
- Curious and persistent, loves to learn new things, and is always digging deeper to find the best solution.
- Commitment to principles and values that advance society and shared passion for the mission of Schmidt Futures: to find exceptional people and help them do more for others.
- Engineering degree in Computer Science (or equivalent level of training and expertise) at the BS, MS, or Ph.D. level, and expected graduation no later than spring 2021.
- Some knowledge of Artificial Intelligence preferably with hands-on experience in applying technology to solve problems in non-Computer Science fields.
Please note that not all requirements must be met in order to be considered for this position, as we are committed to looking holistically at applicants to build the strongest cohort.
We strongly encourage people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities and international candidates.
The goal of the application is to help us determine who you are as a person and the experiences that may have shaped your life and accomplishments. We ask that you are as open and honest as possible, and that all responses are reflective of your own purpose and values.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.