Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Enterprise Applications
Cambridge, MA /
Information Technology /
Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company creating a robust pipeline of therapeutics with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis, and anemia. Our proprietary platform is rooted in our structural biology insights into the activation of latent growth factor precursors and drives the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By exploiting structural differences in the precursor, or latent form of growth factors, Scholar Rock intends to avoid the historical dose-limiting safety challenges associated with inhibiting the mature form of growth factors for therapeutic effect.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
Our second product candidate, SRK-181, is a potent and highly selective inhibitor of latent TGFβ1 activation. A Phase 1 proof-of-concept trial will be initiated in Q1 2020 in patients with solid tumors. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to meaningfully increase the number of patients who can benefit from checkpoint inhibitor therapy by overcoming primary resistance to anti-PD-(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
In this role, you will have an opportunity to help a fast-growing life sciences organization build a robust IT applications portfolio. This is a high impact, high visibility role! You will form close partnerships with many departments across the company and immediately have influence on not only the applications but also business processes, operational efficiency, and vendor management.
You will be immersed in a fast paced, collaborative environment which values its employees and prides itself on its unique culture. As a hands-on leader, you will have the opportunity to learn many different facets of a small to mid-size life sciences company as well as work with some extremely talented teams.
You may be the right fit if you are interested in helping to build a growing organization, work as a team with colleagues in a collegial way and enjoy business analysis, project management and continuous improvement. If you have an ear to the ground on compliance and risk, those interests will also serve you well. Candidates who are curious and consider themselves “life learners” will thrive at Scholar Rock. While technical aptitude is appreciated, we deeply value soft skills such as creativity, interpersonal, written and communication skills. This role reports to the Senior Director of IT but will work with ALL departments across the organization.
- Establish multifaceted partnerships across various functional areas and serve as key IT liaison for enterprise applications including: Oracle NetSuite, Veeva Vault, SharePoint Online, other G&A Applications which support HR, Legal and Finance
- Manage vendors, including contractors and consultants who are treated as an extension of the IT team
- Oversee projects from small/micro projects to enterprise scale following an SDLC methodology
- Present to groups in settings such as application demos and trainings
- Align application roadmap to personal, department and corporate goals
- Understand compliance requirements governed by Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and 21 CFR Part 11
- Keep IT documentation up to date and be key contributor for SOPs and policies
- Candidates for this role should have/be:
- Collaborative, open-minded, and have experience with the selection, implementation, rollout and support various applications which support different processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a “seek to understand” mentality
- Experience with SOX and/or 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Knowledge about cloud concepts such as SaaS, IaaS and PaaS, as well as integration of cloud systems
- A basic understanding of cybersecurity and data privacy concepts
- Life sciences industry experience would be great but a person who can work autonomously on projects and be willing and able to adapt to new responsibilities is much more important.
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.