Cambridge, MA /
Protein Sciences and Antibody Engineering /
Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company creating a robust pipeline of therapeutics with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis, and anemia. Our proprietary platform is rooted in our structural biology insights into the activation of latent growth factor precursors and drives the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By exploiting structural differences in the precursor, or latent form of growth factors, Scholar Rock intends to avoid the historical dose-limiting safety challenges associated with inhibiting the mature form of growth factors for therapeutic effect.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
Our second product candidate, SRK-181, is a potent and highly selective inhibitor of latent TGFβ1 activation. A Phase 1 proof-of-concept trial was initiated in April 2020 in patients with solid tumors. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to meaningfully increase the number of patients who can benefit from checkpoint inhibitor therapy by overcoming primary resistance to anti-PD-(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock is seeking an outstanding individual to play an important role in the discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics. He/she will join the Protein Sciences group to express and manufacture antigens, antibodies, and proteins to support multiple Discovery Programs.
- As a member of our Protein Science team, the candidate will:
- Manage transient transfection platform (CHO and HEK) for expression of antigens and antibodies to support our discovery pipeline
- Oversee protein and cell line registration system and its interface with internal database
- Tech development to improve expression titers and to generate stable cell lines
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Analyze, interpret and report experimental results in a small group setting.
- BS or MS in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with 1 to 5 years high quality laboratory experience (e.g. independent study, honors/senior thesis, etc.).
- Strong experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques, required
- Hands-on experience with transient cell transfection (CHO and HEK)
- Generation of stable cell pools a plus
- Basic knowledge of protein purification (affinity, gel filtration, etc.)
- Experience with flow cytometry is desirable. Additional relevant skills may include ELISA, Western blotting and other analytical assay methods. Knowledge of basic cloning, gel electrophoresis is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The individual should be able to function in a timeline-driven, dynamic environment, and be able to rapidly adapt to new techniques and protocols. A strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required.
- The successful candidate should have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and contribute to the strategic goals of the company.
- Flexibility to work in a matrix-managed research organization.
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.