Senior Software Engineer
Hi there! I'm Evan, one of the Co-founders at Scholars. I run our engineering team that currently consists of myself and 3 other incredible engineers. It is a really exciting time to join the company as we are small but growing rapidly. We are looking for someone with who is passionate about building user friendly products, has experience managing or working within a large dev team, and is comfortable taking ownership of major technical decisions.
We help companies create engaging candidate journeys in order to predict and prevent reneges.
We are currently closing a $3.25M seed round. However, our story dates back to April 2017, when we (Evan, Parker, and Ben) started our first company together. The three of us were undergrads at Rhodes College in Memphis, TN, when we started our first business, QuikFix. QuikFix was a service that matched local homeowners with college students to complete odd jobs and chores for them. This is where our passion for the early-career recruiting industry began.
Over the next couple of years, the business grew from a website and a GroupMe to a mobile app used by thousands of homeowners and students across Memphis and Nashville.
During the end of the QuikFix days, we began getting requests from businesses asking to be matched with students for internships rather than manual labor. This was the first iteration (of many) of what is now Scholars. Our platform helps companies create personalized candidate experiences and collect insights to predict and prevent early-career turnover. Scholars is used by companies like DICK’s Sporting Goods, CDW, and GoPuff, to name a few.
We launched this platform in July of 2021 and have grown rapidly over the last eight months: acquiring customers, raising a seed round, and now hiring great people who want to grow this business with us.
About this role
- Lead technical and architecture sessions, roadmaps, and objective documents
- Establish best-practices in our technology stack and across our company
- Build new features and API Integrations
- Evaluate and execute on new technologies
- Great documentation and willingness to manage future hires
- Remote eligible with offices in Nashville, Denver & Boulder
- React / Redux / Node.js
- Experience building enterprise software
- API Integration / Development
- Exposure to mentorship or technical leadership responsibilities
- 6+ years building cloud based applications
Benefits & Additional Notes
- Salary Range: $150,000 - 200,000
- Competitive Equity
- $150/mo BYO Benefit
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 weeks of fully paid family leave in the U.S.
- Generous equipment and software budget. Get what you need to be productive!
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Scholars is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.