Member Success Manager
New York, NY (Fully Remote)
The Member Success Manager is a key leader and decision-maker that will partner with the Management Team to oversee the delivery of our mission across the country and, soon, globally while shaping the future of thousands of students who will be managing billions of dollars. You will work with the Director of Member Success and Programs (DMSP) to enhance member engagement, satisfaction, and retention through relationship-building and coaching of university students from diverse communities, promoting equity and inclusion. The base salary for this position is $80,000.
About Scholars of Finance:
Scholars of Finance is a rapidly growing organization on a mission to inspire character and integrity in the finance leaders of tomorrow. We seek to solve the world’s largest problems by investing in undergraduate students through leadership development, mentorship, and the active support of purpose-driven finance executives and investors.
Our members then join top firms, funds, and a life-long support community that empowers them to spend their careers serving the greater good using the biggest lever in the world: finance. Since hiring our first staff in 2019 we’ve raised more than $5.5M and brought together 800+ executives to impact 4,000+ students across 61 universities, and we’re just getting started.
We’re a close, motivated team with a big vision of a future where all finance leaders steward the world’s capital to serve the greater good. We are fortunate to be backed by world-class partners like Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, and Piper Sandler, and are being advised by titans in the industry, like Teri List, Board Director at Microsoft, and Joe Martinetto, the Chief Operating Officer of Charles Schwab.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement member engagement strategies to enhance member satisfaction, engagement, and retention from Freshman to Senior year
- Serve as the primary point of contact for members and ensure their needs are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with our student leaders to partner and coach them to lead and operate chapters effectively and host impactful programs for their members
- Partner with our chapter leaders to ensure SOF standards and quality of programs are executed to uphold our brand excellence
- Monitor member engagement and satisfaction levels, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain member success metrics and reporting to measure progress and identify areas for improvement through research and feedback from our members.
- Enhance the experience of SOF members to ensure the programs, technical workshops, and conferences are giving members an impactful experience
- Research and stay up to date on the latest trends in finance, education, and psychology to make our programs cutting-edge
Transformations You'll Drive
- Partner with the DMSP in their effort to make our programs cutting-edge and deeply impactful for our members to shape the futures of thousands of students
- Work with our CEO, COO, CIO, and broader team to strategize about program enhancements and the development of new programs to deepen our impact on our members and scale our mission to thousands of universities across the globe
- Inspire our professional and student members to be highly engaged in our mission and partner with us to make SOF one of the most sought-after finance organizations to join
- Develop SOF from a growing brand to a household name among current and future finance professionals that signifies character, integrity, altruism, and high performance
What You'll Need - Leadership and Management
- Teambuilder and influencer to students and executives. Must have the ability to develop strong relationships, escalate when necessary, and get results
- Highly analytical and organized in resource planning, project management, and relationship building with various stakeholders, from students to executives
- Creative problem-solver to help determine the source of a conflict, ineffective process, or problem and find an effective way to solve it
- Ability to adapt and modify engagement strategies as member needs and preferences evolve
- Excellent communicator and active listener that is empathetic and assertive to be able to ask the right questions and listen carefully to what our members need
- Comfort with ensuring ongoing program and brand excellence, rigorous process evaluation, and consistent quality of program management and execution across many stakeholders
- You possess sophisticated verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; you build strong followership among your teammates and members. When people see your name in their inbox, it brings a smile to their faces.
What You'll Need - Foundational Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in customer/student/member success, relationship management, finance, consulting, or project management
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., business administration, communications, psychology, sociology) or equivalent with a strong academic record
- Experience managing quality programs or products through relationships, emails, and other key channels, increasing member and stakeholder awareness and engagement
- Strong communication, coaching, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills. You can identify opportunities, anticipate challenges and gaps, and contingency plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively research, recommend, develop, and implement strategies, tactics, timelines, and resources to enhance or improve our programs or processes
- Proficiency in customer/member relationship management (CRM) software, email marketing software, and social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership for outcomes while prioritizing and juggling multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of your time, including on nights and weekends if needed
What You'll Need - Mentality for Success
- You love our mission and are passionate about helping us transform the lives of as many students as possible
- You have a passion for finance as a force for good and a commitment to developing ethical & morally sound leaders
- Unwavering commitment to quality, branding, and data-driven processes
- A desire and willingness to contribute beyond your job description. You’re ready to do whatever it takes to push the mission forward.
- Humility to be both a leader and a “do-er.” After building a strategy, you’ll roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get it done.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. Is something broken? Fix it.
- Significant experience working directly with students and finance executives
- Experience working with teams in multiple cities & multiple time zones
- Experience directly managing others, working within, leading, and growing nimble teams