Associate Scientist - Inflammation
Cambridge, MA /
Scismic is supporting the growth of a 100-person biotech startup in Cambridge, MA. We are looking for an Associate Scientist to join our Inflammation group to help drive key programs. The candidate must be independent, technically competent, and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. We are searching for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual, with a deep scientific background in immunology, preferably inflammatory or other immunological diseases, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with scientists in the Inflammation team to drive key projects.
- Design and execute experiments for in vivo studies, and ex vivo assays.
- Work independently to contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues. (Please note this is a 100% bench role).
- Independent data analysis and proper electronic notebook record keeping.
- Communicate experimental plans and data to multiple cross-functional scientific teams.
- Assist in maintaining a strong, entrepreneurial, and creative culture with a clear sense of urgency and focus on developing transformational therapies for patients.
Qualifications & Education
- BS degree in Immunology or related discipline plus 5-7 years of immunology related pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred OR
- MS degree in Immunology or related discipline plus 3-5 years of immunology related pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred
- Deep knowledge of immunology, and a systematic approach to understanding inflammatory mechanisms.
- Prior experience with in-vivo models of inflammatory and autoimmune diseases preferred.
- Strong experimental skills, including tissue culture, isolation, and culture of primary immune cells, primary immune cell assays, qPCR, flow cytometry, ELISA, and in vivo model development.
- Significant experience with animal handling, anesthesia, experience with animal dosing (PO, IP, ID, IV and SC) and tissue sample collection are required (collection of blood/serum, tissues such as spleen, lymph nodes and other organs)
- Familiarity with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software preferred
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel
- Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering on fast paced projects
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic